About Cathy Davys
Hair Artist & Educator
Cathy has four decades of experience in hair design and has competed in, and won many competitions internationally, including the Oceanic Masters, and Hito Hair Dressing Trainer of the year 2015 & 2019. The outstanding talents of Cathy Davys are well recognised by the New Zealand hairdressing industry.
Cathy brings a passion to her craft that is inspirational. From Bridal to Red Carpet, cutting to perfection and intriguing business tips, Cathy’s open, honest and giving approach to sharing her knowledge makes her a natural leader and educator.
Prior to starting Architectural Hair Education, Cathy ran a successful salon, ‘Cathy Davys Hair Design and Day Spa’ at a premier location in Wellington, New Zealand. After 31 years, Cathy sold her business to the Vivo group in 2011. Selling her business allowed her to focus on hair education.
Now this multi-talented hair stylist is sharing her skills in hands-on workshops with you. These workshops will instantly take your career to the next level. Cathy’s classes are limited to 8 stylist per workshop (to ensure you receive the best training).
Awards & Creative Highlights
- 2019/20 HITO Trainer of the Year
- 2018 Awarded the International IPSN Honorary Award for Outstanding and significant contributions to the betterment of the Hairdressing and Beauty Industries
- 2018 September, attended Train the Trainer in the Hamptons, New York with Vivienne Mackinder (five days hands on workshop)
- 2017 President of the Wellington Hairdressing Association
- 2017 Foreperson Judge for NZARH competitions
- 2017 Competitions committee member, New Zealand
- 2017 March, attended a four Day Private workshop in The Hamptons, New York with Vivienne Mackinder (Artistic Director for Vidal Sassoon in London, also Artistic Director for Trevor Sorbie New York. 7 time winner of the NAHA Hairdressing awards. (North American Hairdressing Awards))
- 2017 March, two days at the Goldwell studios in New York working on Celebrity styling, cutting and colouring
- 2017 March, attendee at the International Beauty show in New York, USA
- 2016 Winner of Senior Cutting Event, New Zealand
- 2015/16 HITO Trainer of the Year
- 2015/16 Kitomba Business Stylist of the Year
- 2015 Invited to create a hair show for the HITO Awards
- 2015 Oceanic conversion winner, Wellington competitions
- 2010 Invited by Inter Coiffure to create and demonstrate a long hair show in Bulgaria. (Plus judged their International competition)
- 2009 Oceanic Masters Champion in Tasmania (Competition between Australia and New Zealand)
- 1982 Represented New Zealand at the World Championships in Paris
- 1992 Represented New Zealand at the World Championships London